Wednesday 19 August 2015

Weightloss Wednesday


Hi lovelies,

So one of my main goals this summer was to complete the Race for Life which raises money for Cancer Research UK. And I let you know all about this in one of my earlier posts and why I was doing it but I haven't blogged since doing it! One of the reasons to do this was I thought it would help me lose weight.

So I raised just over my target of £150 which I think is pretty good for one person! I started training 6 weeks before and I used the training plan below which I got off the Race for Life website. Anyway my goal was to complete the race in under 40 minutes and to not stop running throughout the whole race. As it got to the last week of training I was struggling slightly at pushing myself but I knew it was for a good cause.



So on the actual day it was really warm which is always a positive and I have to say everyone was really supportive of one another and it just felt like a nice vibe. There were 3 categories that you could go in either running, jogging or walking. So I didn't want to overestimate what I could do if that makes sense so I went with the joggers. Looking back now I feel like I could have went with the runners as I did catch some of them up during the race. 

Even though I did train for it, it definitely wasn't the easiest thing I have done. I didn't stop though and I think because everyone around was so supportive that definitely helped. Although there was a point at around the last 200m that I thought my legs were going to fall off haha but I powered through! So I managed to finish the 5k in 28 minutes! I'm so proud of myself considering 6 weeks earlier I couldn't even run for one minute! 

I would definitely say if you are thinking about doing it next year, go for it!

About 2 weeks into training I got myself a personal trainer and I have to say it's one of the best things I've done. Now I know it can be expensive but my body is changing so much week on week, I would say it's definitely worth it! So training for the run and training with him helped me lose 6.3 pounds after just 8 sessions with him and I have 2 a week. However, you can't just go to the gym and then eat whatever you want if you want to see results (I wish haha). So I've been clean eating every week and having one cheat day... which I live for haha! So I guess the saying 'eat clean, train dirty' is true!

I feel like I have loads more to talk about but to stop this from being massive I will keep the rest for next week!

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment