Tuesday 8 September 2015

Holiday Blues



Hi lovelies,

Hope you're all well. So recently there have been no posts and not just because I haven't been able to fit in them in or whatever other excuse, it's because I have been on holiday!

I went to the beautiful Greek island Corfu and I fell in love with it. It was such a beautiful place with lovely people and such a relaxed atmosphere. I have to say it was one of the best holidays I've been on ... Ever! So obviously I had an amazing time, but now that I've been back a few days, the holiday blues have definitely arrived!

Now on one hand I'm feeling so sad and down because I had an amazing time and I wish I was still sat at the beach on my sunlounger or on a lilo in the pool but then on the other hand I hate feeling like I'm being ungrateful because some people don't even have the chance to go on holiday!

So I know I'm lucky that I have had this amazing experience but lets face it though when you have had an amazing holiday or break away, most of us do get the holiday blues. So I decided to look online to see what tips and tricks people have posted to getting over the holiday blues. I've picked my favourites and these are what I will be doing to get over mine. So if you want to know keep reading :).

1) Do Things You Love
Obviously you will need to go back to work or school but make sure you make time to do things you love to do too. This should make you feel more positive and therefore more happy. Writing this is helping me as it's making me realise how much I do love blogging. I'll also be getting myself to the gym as I really enjoy the gym now and can't wait to get back into the routine!

2) Have Something To Look Forward To
This for me is looking for my next holiday. Yes I know that I've only just came back but to beat these blues I need something to look forward to and what better than another holiday! Thomas Cook is a tab which is currently permanently open on my phone. If anyone has any suggestions of good holiday resorts let me know!

3) Positive Thinking
This is probably the hardest when all you want to do is be back in the sun but try and think about all the good things that are happening and all of the good memories you have which you made on holiday! Try and turn those negative feelings around! Sounds cliche but can definitely help. For example, I wish I was back on holiday can be turned around to I had such an amazing time on holiday can't wait for my next one!

4) Eat Well
You get out of your body what you put into it so by making sure you eat well should affect your mood positively and help avoid you feeling sluggish and tired. Although I have loved every minute of stuffing my face on holiday I am looking forward to eating healthily again as it makes me have more energy and will help me achieve the body I want! Like I've said before to get results it's meant to be 70% nutrition, 30% working out.

5) Share Your Memories
Don't just pretend it didn't happen as it might make it easier, talk to family and friends about it! Share your amazing memories with them, whether that's stories, photos, videos, share them all! I took loads of photos and normally I would just keep them on my phone but I'm going to get them printed off and put them in an album. Something people might see as not necessary but something I'm looking forward to!

So that's what I'm going to be doing to get rid of these holiday blues. Hope you've found this interesting and if you have any more tips share them below! 

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment