Thursday 17 August 2017

I'm back!

Hi everyone,

I cannot believe it has nearly been a year since I last posted on here. Time flies. I have said before, I'm sure, that I do mean to post but then life takes over and I simply forget or I'm too tired (excuses) but I am going to try and post on here when I can. I will try every week but I don't like to make promises I can't definitely keep. That's my aim anyways.

So what's new...

Well not a lot really. Still loving make up and trying different skincare brands to try and make my skin the best it can be.I am 25 now and I want to keep those wrinkles well at bay for the longest I can! So I will still be doing make up and skincare related posts. I might also just do general posts about what I have been up to if I have done anything interesting or been anywhere nice.

 Last time I was active on here I think I had just started Slimming World, well that was short lived. I don't think I was in the right mindset which you need to be when losing weigh and I wasn't there so I quit. But I rejoined in April after nearly gaining all the weight back that I had lost with SW the first time around. Which wasn't much but I was still over 2 stone heavier than I would like to be.

It was the encouragement from my friends and family that made me realise I needed to rejoin and give it a proper go... even if some opinions were hard to hear! That's what I needed and I am so glad I rejoined. I rejoined at the end of April and since then I have lost 1 stone and 4.5 pounds which I am so happy about. Still a way to go but well on the way there. I don't think anything other than being really determined has helped me get so far, I have had my birthday, a festival and a 2 week holiday within that time so to lose that much I am proud. Anyways, I will be continuing doing my Weightloss Wednesday posts as I go to SW on a Tuesday night and I will be able to update you on how I do and it's nice for me to be able to post about it.

So sorry if this has been a rambling sort of post but I think it is hard to restart and I didn't want to just write a post on here and totally disregard that fact I have been gone nearly a year ... that would be weird.

I will leave you with one of my new discovered favourite SW breakfast recipes that I absolutely love. Just a little disclaimer I did't personally make this recipe I don't know who originally came up with it but I love it and thought it would be nice to share with you all.

Almond Baked Oats

40 grams of oats
1 egg
1 tablespoon of sweetner
2 teaspoons of almond essence (you could really use any flavour essence you like it was a friend who suggested this one and I love how strong tasting it is)
50 millilitres of semi skimmed milk
Any fruit to top

So you want to preheat your oven to approx. 200 degrees I normally find that that is hot enough. Then you add all your ingredients into a bowl apart from the fruit. Mix the ingredients together and pop into the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes it's ready to eat, just top with your fave fruit and it's good to go, well let it cool a bit first! 

Until next time,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment