Wednesday 3 June 2015

Weightloss Wednesdays/ Why I'm doing the Race for Life

Hi lovelies 

So one reason why I missed weightloss Wednesday out last week was because it had been my birthday and I ate like a pig! So obviously on my birthday I ate what I wanted which is fine we are all allowed a cheat day and it's meant to be quite good if you have one bad day as it's meant to satisfy cravings and motivate you to eat well the rest of the time. Only my cheat day turned into a treat week! Not good haha! So I couldn't really come on here and motivate anyone else when I wasn't motivated myself plus time went so fast last week!

Anyways I'm back on it and feeling good. So this weightloss Wednesday is going to be more of an update and as you can tell from the title I have an exciting announcement too!!

Right, where to start.... So the gym I usually go to has now closed down which I'm gutted about but I have now joined a different gym which I'm going to go to for the first time on Friday so that's quite exciting :). It's also one a friend of mine goes to so I now have a gym buddy- this is another thing that's meant to keep you motivated when losing weight so I'm sure this will help me!

As well as starting a new gym I'm looking into seeing a personal trainer at that gym to help me achieve my goals. Now I know you don't need to see a personal trainer to lose weight but personally I think it would help. I think having someone checking in with me each week would be another way to keep me motivated. There seems to be a theme emerging (motivation) not intentional but we'll roll with it haha! I know it will cost a bit of money each week but I will just have to cut back on some other things aka clothes!

So I think that's all of my updates about the gym.... Now on to the really exciting news! As you can see from the title of this post I've decided to enter the Race for Life!!!! Omg!!!!! I'm totally not a runner which is another reason I am doing this as it will challenge me. The main reason I'm doing this is because my mam was diagnosed with Stage 1 Melanoma last year. To cut a long story short she hopefully will be getting the all clear in the next few months (I'll save the long version for a different post maybe). Anyways without all of the amazing work cancer research do millions of people wouldn't  survive and overcome cancer now. I think until it happens to someone you are close to I don't think it really hits you how scary that news can be. Personally I struggled with coming to terms with it and it took me months to be able to actually talk about it- it didn't seem real I didn't want it to be real.
I'm so incredibly proud of my mam for being so strong and dealing with it positively and that is why I want to do this race!

So I've downloaded the training plan from the Race for Life website, which is so handy and I've started training this week. Only 6 weeks to prepare! I'm going to be running 5k (just over 3 miles), I can't even run 1k at the minute but ive got to say I'm so excited to run! That is a sentence I never thought I would say!

Ive set myself a target of £150 to raise for cancer research- I know it's not a massive target but it's daunting thinking little old me has to raise all that! I'm thinking positive though and I will try my hardest to reach it!

If any of you would like to sponsor me and donate some spare cash you can either visit https://www.justgiving.com/lucyabbaszadeh/ or you can text LACR54 then the amount you would like to donate to 70070. I just have to say now don't feel any pressure to donate but anyone who does thank you sooooo much and it doesn't matter how small or big the donation is everything will help! 

I will update you each week about how my training is going and how my fundraising is going!

Lots of love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment