Monday 18 August 2014

Makeupsocial Review

So this is a slightly different post but I feel like I had to share this with you. So I've stumbled upon this new app and if you love beauty products like me, I think you will love it! It's called makeupsocial and it's basically a cross between Instagram and Facebook but it's specifically for everything beauty wise. There are several things I love about this app and I thought I would share them with you.
So the first thing I like about this app is that you can sign in with Facebook which is sooo convenient. I don't know about you but I have literally so many different usernames and passwords for so many different apps and other things it's so hard to keep track of them....first world problems I know. So by being able to sign in with Facebook it means I don't have to make yet another username, bonus! 

The second thing I like about this is that on your feed you don't only get to see posts from people you have followed like Instagram, but you get to see posts from people who you aren't following. I like this because basically I'm nosey and I love looking through photos that's why I like and use Instagram more than Facebook but it also allows you to see what different users post and you can then find people to follow who you may never have found otherwise.


Instagram has an explore page and the discover page on the makeupsocial app is so similar. However, it doesn't just show photos that have been posted but you can discover written posts and products that have been posted about. I think this is a really good idea as it gives users options and I love having options haha.

So this is where you can write your posts and post your photos. You can also write reviews on beauty products you have used which is a good way to express your thoughts and opinions on various different products. I love how you can select a category for your post as it gives it a very organised feel and because I have a slight OCD tendency about organisation I am a fan of this. I also love how you have the option to have your post uploaded to your twitter or Facebook, so convenient! 

This review page is amazing! I love that this app has this page. It allows you to read reviews that people have posted on all different products. I love this because it allows you to read pros and cons on products you might not have heard of before and it has introduced me to products I had not known of before and now I want to try so many new beauty products! Love this!

Like Instagram and Facebook you have a profile page on this app. As you can see I don't have many followers or people that I follow which hopefully will change :). It allows you to see what photos you've posted, what written posts you have done and reviews you have written all in their own separate tabs. Very organised! When setting up your profile you select you age, skin type, hair, eye colour and these are all displayed under your photo. I like this little touch, I think it's really personal and let's you know a bit about the people you follow. I really like it!

Overall I am really enjoying this new app and I would recommend it to anyone who loves beauty products and using social media. Best part it is free so I don't know why you wouldn't get it. If you would like you can follow me by searching lucyabbaszadeh this is the same as my Facebook and Twitter. If you try it let me know what you think of it.
Much love,
Lucy x

Follow me on Bloglovin- lucyabbaszadeh 

No comments:

Post a Comment