Thursday 2 October 2014

September Favourites


I cannot believe how quick this year is going and that it is now October! So this is my first favourites blog which I'm really excited about so I best get started.....

1) EOS Lemon Lip Balm

I had seen these all over Youtube and really wanted to get one as I think they are soo convenient as you don't have to dip your fingers in and get them all sticky and gross! I picked mine up months ago when I first went to London and I got it in the Topshop at Oxford Circus. I love lemon scented things so I had to have this. I wear it every night before bed and it really helps me with my dry lips and now they are lovely and smooth :)!

2) Topshop Shuffle The Cards Eyeshadow

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! I haven't ever seen or tried anything like it. They came out with three different shades in this iridescent/holographic type eyeshadow and they are all beautiful. You can't really tell from this picture but in certain lights this eyeshadow looks gold and in others it looks pink. This one is definitely my favourite. I like to apply it over Maybelline's Eternal Gold Colour Tattoo and Maybelline's Pink Gold Colour Tattoo. I also find that this doesn't have too much fallout with it being quite glittery which is another bonus.

3) A La Carte Brow Ink in Blonde and ModelCo More Brows in Medium/Dark

This is my new favourite brow combo. I've been doing this through this month and I love how it's been looking. I like quite defined brows but that don't look like you've gotten a sharpie and drew them on. I think these help me get that defined look without looking ridiculously false. Also once these are on my brows are not moving, they are staying put and as I'm often running about and doing various different things I need my brows to stay on which happens when I use these!

4) No. 149 Exaggerate Eyelure Lashes

I really like the effect false lashes can give your make up and I really like wearing them. Now these are very full and dramatic which I know will not be everyone's cup of tea and I wouldn't wear these day to day but for nights out these are my go to lashes. I love how full and thick these are and I like the dramatic effect they give once they are on. I really like this brand and they all come with little tubes of glue which is so handy!

5) BareMinerals Lipstick in Break Away and Mac Myth


Throughout September this has been my everyday lip colour. I love the colour you get when you mix these to together. I think it is similar to that Kylie Jenner lip colour everyone is raving about but it's not matte. It comes out a lovely darker nude more brown based but not too brown... Ahhh I just love it! Such a nice lip colour that goes with a lot of different make up looks, so versatile.

6) Leighton Denny Nail Varnish in Forbidden Territory 

So over the last year and a bit I have had gel and acrylic nails on non stop. Literally I would take them off and within a day or two I would have a new set put back on. Now don't get me wrong I do still love false nails and I will more than likely get a new set put back on before the end of this month but I've been really enjoying having shorter nails. I took my false nails off at the end of August and expected to have a new set on soon after but I couldn't get an appointment. Anyways I thought I would try and embrace short nails and they were in a pretty bad state so it's good to try and get them in a better condition. I have been wearing this nail colour for a while now and I had had it for ages but never tried it. It's so pretty though. Such a nice colour for Autumn and I personally think it compliments shorter nails. I want to just keep wearing this. The formula is really nice too and it glides on so smoothly and is really pigmented. Can't see this coming off any time soon haha.

7) Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume Eau So Fresh 

First of all lets all admire this packaging. It's absolutely beautiful and I love having this on my drawers it's so pretty! I got this as a present for my birthday in May and I hadn't ever smelt any of the Marc Jacobs perfumes so I was excited to. I had liked it when I tried it but I wanted to keep it for special occasions. However at the start of this month I sprayed it on me again and since then I have worn it every day. It's like a nice florally smell, very light but not overpowering. I really love it and would recommend that if you can still get this edition it would be worth getting!

8) Batiste Dry Shampoo Dark and Deep Brown 

With having really dark hair I find normal dry shampoos can still leave a white ish tinge even when rubbed in but since finding this I won't use any other dry shampoo. This has a dark colour to it so once on your hair you cannot tell you have used dry shampoo. It's very lightweight and gets rid of any oiliness. It also comes in a blonde version for those with blonde hair. I would definitely recommend this if you have dark hair and it's such a reasonable price! 

9) Lee Stafford Argan Oil Hairspray

I bought this at the beginning of September and I've used this every day since. I love this, it has such a nice feel to it and is so lightweight yet still really strong. I did a review on this because I really do like this :). It is a bit more pricey but it does really work. I definitely think I would repurchase this and one really good thing is I've used it all month and I still have some left- bonus! 

Hope you've enjoyed reading my first favourites blog! I would love to know what your favourites were in the comments below :)! 
Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment