Friday 12 September 2014

Face Mask Friday- Superdrug's Detoxifying Mask


Here it is again- Face Mask Friday! Can you believe this is the fourth week of doing this! How time flies when your having fun! I cannot believe I've been blogging for over a month now. So as I mentioned in last weeks post I bought two Superdrug face masks as they had a 'buy one get the second half price' offer on their face masks. This is their Detoxifying face mask for normal/oily skin. It is a mud mask and contains Dead Sea mud which is meant to unclog your pores, draw everything out and leave your skin lovely and soft. 



As you can see I've not been having the best skin week *sigh* haha. I've broken out in quite a few places and some are really sore and under the skin and some are fully erupted on my face... Excellent. I think this is because I ran out of my Differin gel early on in the week and I haven't been able to get my prescription until today so I have been without it for a few days. So I guessed this would be a good time to try this mask as hopefully it would unclog my pores.

I have to say when I first started putting this on I was a bit disappointed with it. It came out of the tube nice and thick but when I was putting it in my face it didn't spread evenly but kind of separated on my face. Because of this I found it very difficult to get it even on my face. As you can tell in the photo above, there looks like some areas didn't have any of the mask on or very little. You have to leave this on for 10-15 minutes while it dries. I was surprised once it started drying because it did really feel like I couldn't move my face so it seemed to be actually working. I kept this on for 15 minutes and by the end of it I could hardly move any part of my face. The photo below is after having the mask on for 15 minutes.
So this mask does seem to have calmed the redness down on my spots and really calmed the redness all over my face. My pores do look slightly smaller and quite clean too so I have no doubt that this mask works on unclogging your pores. However, this mask has left me quite oily. I normally do get an oily t-zone during the day when wearing make up but I'm just sitting in the house and my t-zone is really oily after using this. My skin seems to always react this way when I use a product for oily skin. Because of this I'm not a huge fan of the mask as my face doesn't feel nice and soft like it did with the other masks I've tried. Although, just because it doesn't work for my doesn't mean it won't work for you :).


Overall, I have to say this mask has been my least favourite out of all of the ones I have tried so far. I did actually have high hopes for this one after how good the last Superdrug mask was. I am feeling really oily after using it which I really don't like but it has really calmed the redness in my skin. I don't think I will be using this one again, if you have tried this let me know your thoughts on it :).
Also I have been able to try out a new make up range (so exciting) which isn't available yet but I will be putting reviews and information on it within the next few days so keep an eye out for that :). 
Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment