Sunday 7 September 2014

Love ME Beauty Box- August Edition


I've always wanted to try a beauty box subscription but there is so many different brands of them it's hard to choose which ones are right for you. I hadn't heard of Love ME Beauty before and it was when I was on Instagram that I found out about them. I follow Sarah Ashcroft (I'm sure you all know who she is) on there and she had posted that she was doing something with this brand. As I had never heard of them before I decided to check out their website. What appealed to me about this subscription box service is that you get 4/5 full size products which I really like rather than sample products. Also when you sign up you choose which box you would like. There is three editions of the box and you get to choose which one you would like to try. Obviously some people like to be surprised by what is in their box but I didn't know any of the brands featured in their boxes so it is still exciting to get to try new brands that you wouldn't have previously tried before :). I have to say as well this box is packaged beautifully, you all know I love good packaging haha. Inside you also get a leaflet letting you know what products are in your box, the price of them and a little bit of information about each one too. When reading through it I was shocked how much each product cost as you only pay £10 for each box you receive- the products in this box came to £64.94 if you were to buy then all separately, I think it's a pretty good deal. 




Mirabella Lip Luster Liner- Bashful £10.50



This is the most perfect pink- I love this colour. Pink is one of my favourite lip colours to wear so I'll definitely get my use out of this pencil. It glides on so smoothly which I really like as some lip pencils can be quite hard to apply and it feels like it will be quite moisturising on your lips. It does contain Aloe Vera so that is probably why. It's also really pigmented. In the leaflet it advises to use this all over your lips and then to put a lip gloss over it. However, I'm not a massive fan of lip gloss so I will either just line my lips with this or I might try using this all over my lips and leaving it like that. I'm very excited to use this as I love lip products. I hadn't heard of this brand before and I know £10.50 is quite expensive for a pencil but so far it does seem worth it in my opinion.

Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow- You're Toast £14.49


I was really surprised at how pigmented this eye shadow was. The main reason for choosing this edition of this box was this eye shadow as it looked like a colour that would suit most skin tones and eye colours. This colour is lovely, it is quite shimmery but isn't glittery or chunky so it seemed to blend out really nicely. I think this will look amazing on top of L'Oreal's colour tattoo in Eternal Gold. One of my favourite things about this product is that it is made cruelty free, I wish all cosmetics were made this way, maybe one day :). This was another brand that I hadn't heard off but I will definitely be having a look at what other products they make- very impressed!

A La Carte Smudge-Proof Eyebrow Definer- Blonde £23



I love brow products and trying different brands and types. This is in the shade Blonde but is quite dark so I'm hoping I can still use it as I have naturally really dark hair- going to give it a go! If not you can use this as an eyeliner also. When I swatched this it was really build-able and definitely smudge proof. It did not budge once it was on. I enjoyed that as I like my brows to stay in place especially on those days where your rushing around and busy you don't want your brows running down your face! I've never tried this type of brow product so I'm excited to try it. Depending on how this looks once on,I might purchase this is in the darker shade as I like how much this stays in place. I will keep you updated on this one!

Oriflame- Ecollagen Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream  £16.95


Out of all the products I received I think this is the one I will use the least. Not because I don't like it just I don't have any wrinkles yet and hopefully won't have any for a little while! I will probably use this once or twice but I do intend to give this to my mam and get her opinions on it seeing as she is older than me.It looks like a nice little product though and I like how it has the metal roller ball tip as this will feel really nice and cool underneath your eyes. I personally don't think it is too expensive for eye cream as I believe in skin care that it is worth spending the money if the products work- after all you only get one face you need to look after it! This eye cream contains Plant Stem Cell extract which will help stimulate collagen production and re-plump your skin. It does advise you to use this morning and evening. If any of you want any more information on this one let me know :).

I would definitely recommend this subscription box. I really love trying out new brands and I can't wait until the September edition- so excited. So I thought I would give you a little bit more information about these boxes. You can pay monthly for these boxes and it's only £10 per month and you also have to pay postage which is only £2.95. This company is very good with keeping in touch with you and each month they will send you an email when the different editions have been made up and then you can let them know which edition you want. I'm pretty sure if you don't let them know in time they pick for you based on your beauty profile which you set up when you make your account and I think this is very handy and a great idea. Also I mentioned Sarah Ashcroft earlier in my post, in case you did't know who she is,she is a fashion blogger and a YouTuber- I love her style and her blog I'll link it below for you :).
Sarah Ashcroft's blog
If you have any questions about this box let me know and I'll try and answer them :).
Much love,
Lucy x



No comments:

Post a Comment