Friday 19 September 2014

What Beauty Products To Pack


So if your one of the lucky people who still have a holiday coming up or you have a winter holiday (I'm so jealous haha) I thought I would do a post helping you decide what beauty products to pack whatever your budget! I've  numbered the products below so on the photo above I've just went clockwise when describing each product. I've also entered this photo into a Travel Hacks competition which you can vote for- I would love for you to vote for me, voting ends tomorrow! I'll leave the link below :).

Big Spender 
1) Riemann P20 Sunfilter 100ml SPF30 £13.29 (Superdrug) 
I absolutely love this! I have used this for years and think it definitely does keep you protected. This comes in different factors too so you can choose what SPF you want. I personally have to use the factor 50 as my skin is super sensitive and burns really easy but I know a lot of people just use 30. This is a bit more expensive but it feels nice when you put it on, you don't get that greasy residue and it does last for quite a long time. I've never ran out of a bottle of this whilst I've been on holiday and I've put it on multiple times in one day. This also has such a nice smell to it and every time I smell it reminds me of holidays :).

2) Clinique After Sun Rescue with Aloe £20 (clinique.co.uk)
I didn't ever think that I needed After Sun and it was only until my last couple of holidays where I've burnt because I've worn the wrong factor that I've realised how soothing After Sun can be. Obviously it's really beneficial for you skin even when you don't burn as it moisturises it after it being in the sun all day. What I like about this one is that all skin types can use it and it is oil free. I personally don't like using oils on my body as I really don't like that greasy feeling you get so this is perfect as it won't leave you feeling like that. You can also use this on your face as well as your body so I definitely think it's worth £20 as you can use it all over. 

3) The Body Shop Silky Cleansing Oil £10 (The Body Shop)
I've raved about this before I absolutely love this. It removes every bit of make up without having to use much at all. It feels super soft in your skin and I used it on my eyes and it did not sting at all which is amazing as even other products that you can use on your eyes normally sting mine but this doesn't at all! It's suitable for all skin types and I have to say a lot of skincare products can break me out but my skin was totally fine with this. Obviously on holiday you probably won't be wearing much make up but I still think this is worth taking. I cannot say how good this oil is!

4)Shiseido Sun Protection Spray SPF 15 Oil Free 150 ml £23.50 (John Lewis)
Now I know I've already mentioned sun protection but the great thing about this one is that you can use it on your hair. I would never be able to use this on my body as  that SPF is far too low for my skin but I think it's a great product to use on your hair. My hair is quite dry anyways and at the ends it's really dry so when I'm in the sun it just makes it 10 times worse. A lot of people forget about their hair on holiday but the sun can damage it to so it just makes sense to me to use something that will protect it. This product is great as it's oil free so won't make your hair look greasy and it's in a spray form which makes it so convenient and easy to use! Also you can use it on you face and body too so if you can use SPF 15 this would be a great product to buy as your totally covered then! 

5) Hugo Boss Orange Woman Shower Gel 200ml £18 (Debenhams)
Now if you love the smell of Hugo Boss Orange perfume, you will love this! This smells exactly like the perfume! This scent is one of my favourites and I normally always get a bottle for Christmas. I absolutely love it. It lathers up really nicely and it lasts for so long. A lot of people will argue that shower gels are all the same and they do the same thing but I think it's always nice to treat yourself when your going on holiday as you want to feel nice (well I do anyways) and this shower gel always makes me feel pampered! Plus you might be able to get it cheaper in duty free haha!

6) Coconut Deodorant Powder (Lush)
So when looking for a price for all you lovely people I have just found out that Lush have discontinued this :(! Absolutely gutted, the smell of this was like holiday in a tub and it found that because it was a powder it kept me quite dry throughout the day. It did say on Lush's Facebook that they would sell any remaining ones and then once they were gone they were gone so it might be worth popping into your local Lush store to see if they had any left if you did want to try it out. Lush also do other deodorant powders ranging from £5.95-£6.25 I couldn't comment on those because I haven't used them though sorry! 

7) Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Repair Lip Balm £15 (John Lewis)
I get the driest chapped lips whenever I'm somewhere really hot, it's so annoying so I always like to make sure I use a lip balm that keeps them really moisturised. This product keeps them super soft and really moisturised. It includes: fatty acids, Shea butter, honey extract and Arnica oil! I find that it's really not greasy on my lips which I love and that it's long wearing on my lips which I like too seeing as it is on the pricey side. Again I love how this is packaged haha and it has a really lovely scent to it. A must if you suffer with really dry, chapped lips!

Bargain Hunter
1) Soltan Adult Dry Touch Spray SPF30 200ml £12 (Boots)
I much prefer sun protection sprays rather than creams I just like the feel, they feel more light weight and not as greasy. This one is so light weight and is sand and water resistant. I felt like sand still stuck to it but I put it on then went straight onto sand so I should have let it dry haha too impatient. This also offers 5* UVA protection which is also a great benefit. 

2) Simple Sun Sensitive Aftersun Lotion £3.95 (pharmacy2u.co.uk)
This is such a bargain! It's so light weight and absorbs into your skin quite easily. I found it took a little longer to absorb than the Clinique one but it did absorb rather fast. This is a really good product for those who have sensitive skin as it contain Aloe so is very soothing and calming. I really like this product and I love the price! 

3) Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 400ml £3.33 (Boots)
This is another one of my favourite cleansers. It's so light weight and does take all of your face make up off. I find it takes most of your eye make up off too but it takes quite a lot to do so. That's the only reason why I prefer The Body Shop Oil a little more. This is a great cheap alternative though. This is so gentle and is great for sensitive skin and eyes and leaves skin feeling really refreshed, great when in warmer weather.

4) Mark Hill Holiday Hair Cover Up! Protection Spray 50ml £5.99 (Boots) 
I first used this product a few years ago on holiday and it made such a difference. It was when I had bleach blonde hair and it was so damaged anyway but I was still worried about exposing it to the sun. This helped make sure my hair did not get any more damaged or dry than it already was. This keeps your hair so moisturised and protects it from drying out and it protects your scalp too. It also has such a nice scent to it. However, everytime you get your hair/head wet you do have to reapply it. 

5) Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash £1.20 (Superdrug) 
This is such a bargain. I love all of Dove's products and this is no exception. This would be great when on holiday as your skin needs to be nourished and extra moisturised when it's been in the sun all day long and this would definitely do that. It leaves your skin feeling so smooth and has such a lovely scent to it. It's gentle too so all skin types should be fine using this :).

6) Mitchum Advanced Women Flower Fresh 48hr Protection Anti-Perspirant and  Deodorant 200ml £2.99 (Boots)
I have never used a product that is both an Anti-Perspirant and a Deodorant before using this and I wouldn't use anything else now. This is so unique and keeps you feeling fresh for so long which is definitely what you need when you know you're going to be hot. It's definitely long lasting, it claims it will keep you dry for up to 48 hours which is pretty impressive but I'm sure you would shower before it got to 48 hours. I have to say though this does keep you dry all day and I feel like I don't even need to keep topping it up. Definitely one to pack!

7) Nivea Lip Tin Raspberry Rose £2.10 (Boots)
I have to say I actually prefer this one rather than the lip balm by Elizabeth Arden. The price of this one is soo good and the product is so creamy and soft, it makes your lips feel so moisturised. I also really like the scent, it makes me want to lick it off my lips haha I don't but I definitely could haha. This would definitely keep your lips moisturised throughout the day and it's only small so is convenient for travelling. I love this one!

Woah.... Such a long post haha. Finally got there though haha! Hope this has helped and given you an insight into things you can take on holiday no matter what your budget is! I would love it if you could vote for me, voting does close tomorrow at 1pm!
Let me know what products you like to take on holiday in the comments below :).
Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment